[ot] WTB: 1BBL Rabbit Carb & '77 Rabbit

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 00:59:14 -0500, "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

>my dad has an '84 carb'd rabbit that has a dying carb. he's looking
>for a replacement as finding parts to rebuild the stock carb are
>impossible. he bought a complete new carb from someone who said it would
>  work but when it arrived it as a 2BBL zenith while the intake on the
>'84 is 1BBL

I don't remember ever seeing a single throat carbed Rabbit in
California.  I think everything had to be FI from 77 on and the 75-76
models were the dual throat Zenith.  Throw that Zenith in the trash,
BTW.  If you had an intake manifold for the 2-bbl, there would be more
choices.  But don't even think of using the Zenith.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9