Calling all Transmission Experts!

On 1/3/06 8:22 PM, "Don Walter" <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:

> O most holy all knowing gods of transmission rebuilds please give me some
> advise on some final updates to my transmission
>
> I want to replace the starter bushing but the Bentley doesn't explain how to
> take it out and put the new one in.

It may just be easier/cheaper to replace the whole starter?

> I also want to replace the larger seal around the shaft and the smaller one
> where the push rod slides in and out.  Again the Bentley does not explain or
> show pictures on how to do these regular maintenance operations.

"around the shaft?" Not sure which one you mean.  A pic or link to
Adirondack's part catalog might help.

The one around the pushrod?  Find a socket that fits around it, and gently
tap it into place.

| Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI      '94 Passat GLX                 |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '86 Scirocco                   |
|                                '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |