Transmission in winter questions

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/transoil/transoil.htm
> help
> with this?

Most likely, yes.

> Different, but related.  I noticed while stuck in some
> nasty stop and go
> traffic that  the clutch pedal wasn't smooth.  It felt
> like there was grit
> in there somewhere.  I don't notice it in regular
> driving, but in nasty 1
> gear stop and go I was frustrated by it.

Probably the clutch cable is getting tired.  Change it per
the tech notes you mentioned.  Also check to see the tube
that passes through the firewall is still solidly attached
to the pedal assembly - it's a notorious weak spot that
does break.  And that pedal assembly is a bitch to
change....

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com