Transmission in winter questions

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Probably the clutch cable is getting tired.  Change
> it per
> the tech notes you mentioned.  Also check to see the
> tube
> that passes through the firewall is still solidly
> attached
> to the pedal assembly - it's a notorious weak spot
> that
> does break.

It will at times saw through the plastic ring at the
firewall and start eating into the firewall.  Doesn't
take long before it explodes then.  Whenever the play
of the clutch is weird or constricted, take a quick
look at the inner firewall just to be sure and rule
that out.

I am considering carrying a spare cable in all my
cars.  Only because at times I get stuck in stop-n-go.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com