WAS: 2 Days/ 9 Miles NOW: Tales from the VR6

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Tonee Northam
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:37 PM
To: Xavsbud; Gordon Forbess
Cc: the list
Subject: Re: 2 Days/ 9 Miles

I heard about that one too.

  btw: On the way home today from MKE, a honda odessy tried racing me, even
tried to take the clover-leaf with me, left him 10 car length back out of
the clover, then he gave it all he had(with his wife and two kids with him)
passed me as I slowed to make my turn.

  honda odessy, the NEW sports car of choice!

Were you in the VR6 GTI?

I had something similar happen last night in the R32 on the way home from
the hockey game (ECHL, SC Stingrays.  Hey, it's Charleston, I'm impressed
they keep the ice during these 60-80 degree winters.) Anyway it had been
raining since about 11:30 in the am and was just a nasty night.  Left the
game and headed towards home.  Came to the bridges that jump over to the
island where I live.  Two lanes cut to one in each direction and then open
back up. At the light just before the split a kid rolled up in a ford escort
gt from the late 90's.  If he was going to the island he was going to have
to out run me and take my lane. It turned green and I jumped off first and
left him about five links back before I hit second. Shifted and came off
throttle as he was way back. At the start of the ramp he had caught back up
and was right on me bumper. This ramp is a long sweeping right turn that
inclines a good bit before joining the connector. I hit third and took off.
At the apex of the turn I was already to 80 (as fast as I am willing to go
in any car in the rain) and he was so far back it sad. His poor car was
bobbing up and down as he missed a shift and tried to regain it.  I ran away
from him like a toddler from Telly Savalas. Up and over the bridge and he is
still trying to catch me. I slowed down as I was approaching my exit and he
went by flashing his lights.

Loving this car more and more. (Scratches chin with a glance upwards in
thought) I need to research fitting this driveline in to a Rocc and then
throw the Rieger kit that is sitting in the attic on it.  Anyone know if it
will fit?  Or should I wait to see if Anson (who has been suspiciously
quiet) brings one to Cincy this year?

Dave

David Winchell, II
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco