the tank

The leaking appears to be restricted to the Sciroccos and Cabriolets
made after 84.5.  Both cars are made by Karmann, but I don't know if
they are to blame or not...  A1 Rabbit car and Pickup tanks don't have
this issue either, although they do have the fuel suffocation problem on
turns...

I think the theory was that rust creeps in on the left seam because of
where it sits in comparison to the left wheel?  Or was it the right?

Someone else will prolly chime in...

David