the tank

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:27:24 -0800 (PST), Daun Yeagley
<vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It's VW's responsibility however.  Mine was done under
>recall in '91, but started leaking 3-4 years ago, and was
>replaced again.

So what's the deal with these problematic tanks on MK2s?  My original
75 tank survived an impact with a huge rock I ran over (on a ski trip)
for a couple of years without leaking before I got tired of filling up
with about 8 gallons.  Then I bought a replacement tank from the
dealer (in about 88-89) and it's been trouble free since.  Am I just
lucky, or are the carburetor tanks immune to this leak problem?

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9