Pre-tuned by German Engineers

David L Winchell, II wrote:

 > I have to agree with Mike.  I still don't like it much.  I have seen
 > them in person (Before I bought the R32 I drove the first in
 > Charleston) and still don't like it.  It definitely looked better in
 > Red than White (Which all the salesmen said was awesome as the GTI
was > NEVER offered in white before????

Salesman must have been a kid.  Original Rabbit GTI was offered in
white.. I bought one of the very first ones off the truck in California
in November '82.

Hard to argue with your choice of the R32 over the new GTI.. I can
relate.  Pretty agressive of the stealership to call you to try to sell
you a second one, going so far as to "pull the credit"??

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ