Pre-tuned by German Engineers

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Kevin Collins
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 9:58 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Pre-tuned by German Engineers

Mike Smith wrote:

> While I applaud their effort and what they're doing, I don't like the new
> GTI.  Looks like Honduh had a hand in designing the exterior.  Just my
$0.02

That's a lot of people's initial reaction - but many quickly warm to the
car once they see it in person.. if not then, a quick flog almost always
does the trick.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ

I have to agree with Mike.  I still don't like it much.  I have seen them in
person (Before I bought the R32 I drove the first in Charleston) and still
don't like it.  It definitely looked better in Red than White (Which all the
salesmen said was awesome as the GTI was NEVER offered in white before????
Guess they all just repeat something that they hear with out checking it out
first.)  While I like the motor and driveline, yes it is dreamy and would
make a nice swap for one of the Roccs, we chose to pass and look for
something we actually liked to look at. The next weekend they took in the
R32 on trade and we drove it home that night.  On a side note, the salesman
I was dealing with called me about two hours ago to see how I liked the car
and asked if I was ready for another one as they just took in a black R32.
He said they had already pulled the credit on the first purchase and he was
having the business manager get paper work ready if I wanted another one.  I
can't right now as I am carrying the additional house payment for the
deadbeats we just kicked out of my other house.  If any of you are
interested it is a Black R32.

Dave

David Winchell, II
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco