Suspension Geeks: Strut mount question

On 2/23/06, GGehrke <ggehrke@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/23/06, Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have H&R coilovers with the Bonrath Strut Caps.  The coilovers still
> use
> > the upper strut cap.  The boraths lower the car without losing the
> amount of
> > travel.
> >
> > My son's car has H&R Coilovers with the stock strut mounts.  They tend
> > wear quite fast.
>
> Interesting.  That's what Brian McGarvey told me too, but when I
> talked to Potter about it he talked me out of the Bonrath caps - said
> unless I was thrashing the car on the track they were unnecessary.

Grant,

You do have to remember that Mike drives on the relatively nice California
roads.. where we out here in MD.. ( not as bad as PA) have potholes to dodge
regularly. I found that I had to replace the ones in my lowered 16v about
every 10-15kmi..
Brian

Anyways, I have a lot going on for the next day or two but I'm