Was: Good TV Now: OT: Fun TV

Mike Smith wrote:

>http://thewebfairy.com/911/binaries/thermite.wmv
>
>Here's a clip from the Brainiac show...
>
>--
>Mike, whose posts are getting bumped bu list server...
>'86 red 16v (der Jahrtausendfeierfalke)

I have friend who is using this stuff to make sword steel by placing the
charge above a secondary crucible where his alloying elements are. He
found that the flame is around 7500F (a few degrees below where fusion
starts) and his 5000F degree crucible melted quite a bit. So the actual
charge is actually higher than 5000F. He is looking into ways to use the
flame to make gems.

I would like to point out that while it may be fun to melt the engine of
your neighbors honduh, do not try this at home, no really, don't. The
temperatures here are way beyond controllable and there is no real way
to "fix" a mistake.

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: