FWD for Brian Haygood OT: Passat b4 transmissions..

--- Tonee Northam <pb3vr6@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Daun did convert his early passat to a manual.

Yep, the previous '90 Wagon, converted to manual and about
a year later the crank keyway sheared, bending all the
valves in the 2.0 16v.

>   Daun's current one I took for a rather "autox" test
> drive on my b-day" 2 yrs ago, made the sales man put his
> seat belt on in the backseat. I believe he did piss
> himself.

So far it's been a great car.  But again, it's a manual.

The first Passat I had (automatic) had a wiring problem to
the transmission brainbox.  Once I cleared that up, the car
was fine.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172