FWD for Brian Haygood OT: Passat b4 transmissions..

You're right Brian, long time no see, hopefulluy in June.

  Daun did convert his early passat to a manual.

  Daun's current one I took for a rather "autox" test drive on my b-day" 2 yrs ago, made the sales man put his seat belt on in the backseat. I believe he did piss himself.

  If it's an auto, convert and save youreself the probs later.

Rhett Farnum <rocco.crossing@gmail.com> wrote:
  If she has a B4 passat with an automatic transmission I highly recommend
pushing it off of the nearest cliff. These cars are going for around $3000
or so with no big defects. If she can trade for a manual then great,
otherwise, she should probably find a different car. I love my '95 Passat
GLX wih 5spd, but the automatic trans in these cars is lousy even on its
best day. I know Duan was able to revive one of his but I haven't heard of
any great success other than replacing the trans with a rebuilt, but these
cars just aren't worth that anymore.

On the verge of a rant, but hope it helps someone else stay away from the
dreaded automatics. They really give the rest of our Passats a bad name :)

Brian