Return from lurking

Put the whole thing back together
> and by this time I am working by flashlight so I call it a night. ONE
> DOWN!

Excellent, one down, and an important one too!

> On the suspension front what should I expect to pay for struts and
> shocks? I asked the guy at the store and he quoted me $43 and $50
> something. Is this standard? I am looking for daily driver stuff.
> With my daily route the current suspension should work but I want to
> get new parts in there soon.
>
> --
>     --Jacob Hawes

I can't comment on price of struts, except to tell you to price around and
maybe spend a bit of time on the phone with Potter or other suspension guru
types. I have H&R coilovers on the 16V, (love them but $$$), Koni yellows
on Klaus (need real tires to really try them, but I like them so far), and
Bilsteins on the daily (which is still a fat rolly piglet on stock springs
by my choice). Regardless of what you do, it sure sounds like you need a
suspension upgrade, and you'll feel like you have a new car once you do
that! But check out potter's site to see what aftermarket stuff is out
there, you'll be out labour and alignment costs regardless, may as well get
what you want. Fresh springs likely won't set you back a whole lot more,
another thing to think about "while you're there", and bushings, the upper
strut ones for sure will be shot.
Cathy