Return from lurking

Progress comes in small but tasty bites. I picked up the pads from the
local FLAPS, they were the banana shaped kelsey-hayes (sp?) pads, the
only ones in there computer, all for 11.99. Got home and started taking
things apart, I have the second of the two square pad calipers. So I
took them back, went to another store in rush hour traffic and got the
right ones. They ended up being Pro something, black and light brown box
with the picture of a rim on it, and ceramic. Thy were the right shape
and I needed to get these soon so we can get back to three cars while
the other guy's insurance stalls. The second set was $40 something.

Okay, now back to progress. I got home in time for it to start getting
dark. Opened the bleeder and pried the piston back in, and set the pads
after some finessing. Put the whole thing back together and by this time
I am working by flashlight so I call it a night. ONE DOWN!

In other news I took the door handle off (bently said that there was a
screw under the trim, there wasn't but the trim was so brittle that it
is a little smaller now) and found that the little black plastic part
wraps around the lock cylinder and is actually attached to the handle is
broken. Anyone have a spare handle?

On the suspension front what should I expect to pay for struts and
shocks? I asked the guy at the store and he quoted me $43 and $50
something. Is this standard? I am looking for daily driver stuff. With
my daily route the current suspension should work but I want to get new
parts in there soon.

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: