was Bleeding, now wiring connectors, rear light cover tinting

On 9:21:13 am 02/07/06 "Edward Effinger" <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca> wrote:
> Hi Cathy.
> Thanks for the compliments on the car, we've got some rewiring in
> order to make it more reliable (especially if we consider a Cincy
> cruise). The boys have been scraping the ugly, thick black paint on
> the rear window trim, looks a bit cleaner now as well as
> experimenting with tinting the rear signal light covers, but the tint
> film is a bit bubbly (installed on the outside).
> Has anyone tinted their rear light covers?
> Ed '81S
>
> What are people doing re: the connectors on the cold start valve,
> thermo switch and regulator, can they be bought new or rewired?
>
> My wires are in pretty bad shape and have cracks in the insulation,
> not to mention having been spliced a number of times and getting too
> short for another splice. Ed

No probs on the compliments, and Adam had his tails tinted by a place
called Jon's Tinted Tails, they look great, and allow more light to get
through than his previous home tinting job. As for connectors, I looked for
equivalent connectors/wire colours on my B3 Passat harness, traced it back
as far as I could, amputated it and connected it in. I figure '91 is a lot
newer than '79. Many of the other wires are from other newer dead VWs. I
consider the harness one of the most important parts gleaned from that poor
Passat.
Cathy