FUEL CUT OFF PROBLEM

I need some help with the 16V. A few weeks ago I started having problems
with the 16V as the car would die when returning to idle at a stop light or
stop sign. It is obvious that it is a loss of fuel problem so I assumed it
was the in tank transfer pump.  I threw a used one in that was suspected to
be good, but the problem persisted, so I threw a new under car pump thinking
that would solve the problem. When it continued I purchased a new in tank
pump from the potter man (M&M minis rocc, err rock) but the problem is still
there. This is on a 16V 2.0L still running the factory CIS-E.  It only
occurs when coming off throttle to slow to a stop. It will always fire right
back up. Sometimes I can blip the throttle and keep it running, but that
doesn?t work.

Any Clues?  I need this as my daily driver for awhile as we are going to be
selling the Galant for ?future considerations.?   I have to admit that I
have not had time to look in the archives or detail search my Bentley as we
have been overly busy here. January is usually the time of year that my
business slows and we get to tackle a project or two on the house. As my
luck typically goes we planned a project and then got slammed in the office.
We pulled up the carpet and subfloor in our master suite and put in ?? TIG
Cherry wood floors. As this has occupied my last couple of week ends I have
not had time to deal with much else.

Thanks to any of the Rocc Godds that find the time and kindness to help out
one of the underlings.

Dave

David L Winchell, II

87 2.0L 16V Scirocco