Warm up reg gone bad??

So what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator (aka warm up
reg.)?

MK1 fuel system started acting weird last week.  It was running rich when
starting up, and then correcting itself after engine was at operating
temp.  So I thought it was a bad therm. time switch or cold start
injector.  So I disconnected the cold start injector plug and it still did
the same thing.

Not being a huge issue I put it on the things to get to on the weekend if
I get some time :)

But, later that week the problem got worse.  It would run rich when cold,
good when just at operating temp, but one at operating temp for about
20-30 minutes it would start getting lean.  By Friday it was so lean it
was off the end of my a/f gauge and it was sputtering heavily under load.
When I had a look on Sat. the fuel pump was buzzing a little (not that bad
I, but a little noisy). So I jumped to the conclusion that the pump was
loosing pressure after it was running for a while.  I replaced the pump
with known good pump (replacing the check valve and fuel filter at the
same time).

Well it helped for about 2 days.  Yesterday I had to limp it home
sputtering away.  I shut it down, eat dinner and went out to figure what
else could be going wrong.  Well not it refuses to start.  I haven't
pulled the injectors yet, but I think it is not getting any fuel.

I checked spark and it is fine.  Injectors are new 3 weeks ago.  So the
only thing left in the fuel system is the pressure reg.

Anyone know if a bad pressure reg would cause a CIS fuel distrib to stop
suppling the necessary pressure to the injectors?

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe