FUEL CUT OFF PROBLEM

--- "David L Winchell, II"
<davidwinchell2@sprynet.com> wrote:
> I need some help with the 16V. A few weeks ago I
> started having problems
> with the 16V as the car would die when returning to
> idle at a stop light or
> stop sign.

Nope, not a loss of fuel.  My money is on the idle air
bypass screw.  I've had several roccos and all develop
the same issue - the o-ring on the screw is old and
crusty and does not keep the screw in the proper
position.  I bet if you crank up the idle a bit with
the screw it will not konk out on you when you come to
a stop.  Crank it over 1200 rpm just to make it stick.
 Then you'll see.

They all do it at some point or another.  The key is
to get a new screw (w/ o-ring attached) or a proper
o-ring if you can find it.  David Utley tells me VW
only sells the screws w/ o-rings attached.

So you can at least check out if this is the issue by
giving it some more idle air.

-Phil