From: C Boyko [mailto:roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:15 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: OT: Simple computer question

OKay, so I got a nice little iPod shuffle for Christmas, I already have
one, but this is larger memorywise, and smaller sizewise. Anyway, the old
one runs on iTunes 6, but the new one wants version 7. And of course it
would be aesthetically unpleasing to make the package big enough for a
software CD, and we all have broadband, anyway, I've made three five hour
attempts at downloading the software on dialup only to have some problem.
So I deleted the old version (which I thought I'd opted for early on in the
downloading process, but it was still there.)
And I get this message ......blah blah blah iTunes setup.exe is not a valid
Win32 application. I have Windows 2000 professional, info on the iTunes
site says it needs to be Windows 2000 service pack 4 or later. How do I
figure out what service pack I have, or is that not the problem. Like, that
message holds little meaning for me, what the hell's Win32? Go ahead and
laugh, all you with the cool shizznit, but do I need to just return this
iPod and not bother? This is putting me in a really bad mood...
Cathy