Intake manifolds

On 12/26/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Well, that is sure interesting, and anther downside of the Fox manifold is
> that it needs a bit of firewall clearancing to fit into a MkI. And I often
> wonder if the performance improvements are real or perceived for some
> mods,
> maybe I'm not typical, but mine never seem to happen in isolation, my car
> was sure faster when that Fox manifold went on, but the car also got a
> cam,
> more displacement, different gearing and so on at the same time.
> Interesting stuff!

I think the biggest benefit to the fox intake is that it is clearanced to
match the big-bore (i.e. A2) throttle body - while the A1 intake does not
contain enough material to permit effective portmatching to the big throttle
body.

As for intake manifold design, it all goes out the window with forced
induction anyways, at least for those of us with compression ignitions.
Carrots' intake manifold wouldn't hold a beer, let alone a 2L jug, but that
little turbo manages to keep the engine filled up with air all the same...
:)

Oh, and Happy Holidays eh?

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd