Contemplating a diesel in my 85..

So my caddy is rusting to crap it seems, and I'm
really tempted to put the 1.6 in my 85 Rocco after new
gaskets and such.

I did some pondering and reading the few people's
sites online that have done it.

The radiator looks like it'll do, no turbo so it
shouldn't be *that* hard to cool.  Same size in the
rocco as in my Caddy, and the one in the rocco is
aluminum.

The wiring isn't an issue, I can handle that.

The cold start handle I read would work with a euro
carb choke handle.

Not worried about the AC lines right now.

Figured I'd use my 7a trans that's in the caddy, came
from an early 80's 8v Jetta gasser, does it accept
100mm flanges?  Can I put 100mm flanges on it?

Exhaust, is the dual downpipe mani from a gasser worth
the trouble?  Or just a non-crappy downpipe for the
stock diesel mani?

I think I can use the stock fuel lines and mount the
filter on the drivers side strut tower, I think.  I've
read it will pull through the stock in-tank pump
alright, but is there any reason I can't retain it
operating and the plastic fuel tank thingy next to the
tank(that I just replaced), seems a little more
simple, and the tank has a little screen in it too.

What am I missing?  Looks like a weekend job more or
less.