Contemplating a diesel in my 85..

On 12/17/06, Rex Johnston <wolf_walker69@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The wiring isn't an issue, I can handle that.

The wiring for a diesel into a gas car is very easy. for a glow plug relay i
used a ford starter solenoid.

The cold start handle I read would work with a euro
> carb choke handle.

i managed to rig mine up in the GTI to work correctly. this may be slightly
harder in the rocco

Exhaust, is the dual downpipe mani from a gasser worth
> the trouble?  Or just a non-crappy downpipe for the
> stock diesel mani?

Use a dual DP, if you will be in there, its worth the trouble.

I think I can use the stock fuel lines and mount the
> filter on the drivers side strut tower, I think.  I've
> read it will pull through the stock in-tank pump
> alright, but is there any reason I can't retain it
> operating and the plastic fuel tank thingy next to the
> tank(that I just replaced), seems a little more
> simple, and the tank has a little screen in it too.
>
> I used the stock lines, and ran hose back over to the correct place for
the filter. there is no reason that DS wouldnt work though