[OT] eBay Advice Needed

All,

Any advice you can provide on the below auction that went awry? Both my
French language and dealing with idiot skills are lacking these days.

I was selling item:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190055910799>, which I
think is a very well worked auction that could not be more clear.

Item posted: Sun Nov-26-06 20:30:00 PST
Item ended: Sun Dec-03-06 20:30:00 PST

Question asked by buyer: Sun Dec-03-06 20:26:00 PST (4 minutes before action
close)

Content of question: Hi, how are you?  It's a personal and private question,
can you please do not put my quota (questions) into public listing, i really
hate that. Thanks in adv. I want to know if you can ship to Canada BY USPS
Airmail or Surface LETTER Post ONLY (Economical Rate) PLEASE No PARCEL, ONLY
LETTER post, because I know it's weighting less than 4 pounds THAT can be
allowed to pass if less than 4 pounds to ship with sm. package, see for
USPS's URL website for information.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10054&MailType=package&Pounds=4&Ou
nces=0 Not UPS, Nor FedEx, I hate them SO MUCH. From USD Postal money order,
or USD Hidden cash into paper to avoid see-through in the enveloppe. Please
let me know ASAP, thanks.

-----

Needless to say I could not respond in the 4 minutes before auction close.
Also, I don't take anything but PayPal, I don't ship to Canada, and the only
acceptable shipping method is clearly stated in the auction. All of these
clearly stated in the auction. After a week of non-payment I file a dispute
hoping to get my $2.00 USD listing fee refunded. Below is the conversation
in the dispute.

-----

eBay - Dec-11-06 at 05:34:18 PST
An Unpaid Item dispute has been opened for the following item: 2 Seagate
ST150176LW 7200 RPM 8.4 ms SCSI Hard Drives (#190055910799) Reason given for
Unpaid Item: The buyer has not paid for the item. Buyer actions reported by
seller: The buyer wants a payment method that I don't accept.

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 06:22:01 PST
Seller doesn't understand my mistake, i told him to make a mutual agreement,
he seems to want to abuse my account. i told him that was my mistake because
i just found item 3 minutes left then he told me no international bid and on
the ad ::: money order is THERE !!!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 06:25:20 PST
i told him three times to do mutual agreement to get the final value fees,
so i could see that he wants to abuse me (right-after-the-bid abuse). use
his seller power to destruct me obviously, after told him is my mistake.
CRUEL SELLER !!! DISHONEST !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 06:36:37 PST
AND Seller DID NOT PUT BUYER requirements to block international bidders, to
block non-verified paypal buyer, if he didn't do it, that means HE WANTS TO
ABUSE innoncent new ebayers !!! when did not do the block, that means he is
abusive !!! HEY YOU < JUST DO BLOCK AS SELLER SET_UP TO BLOCK BUYERS !!!

marcgetty - Dec-11-06 at 07:16:40 PST
Buyer asked a long list of questions four minutes (no exaduration) before
auction ended. I was unable to answer in time. The auction ended at
Dec-03-06 20:30:00 PST, buyer asked question at Dec-03-06 20:26:00 PST. I'm
sorry but I can't respond to 4 paragraph e-mails in 4 minutes.

marcgetty - Dec-11-06 at 07:18:10 PST
Buyer is from Canada where the auction specificly says I will only ship
within the United States.
Clearly stated in auction with a bullet point: "Only bids from within the
United States will be
accepted." Also, the eBay ships-to field is listed as United States only.
I'm sorry but I will not
ship these drives outside of the US.

marcgetty - Dec-11-06 at 07:19:55 PST
Buyer asked 4 minutes before auction close "From USD Postal money order, or
USD Hidden cash into paper to avoid see-through in the enveloppe". As the
auction clearly states "The only form of payment accepted is PayPal or cash
in person if you arrange to pick them up in Philadelphia, PA." I asked the
buyer if they would get a PayPal account and they refused.

marcgetty - Dec-11-06 at 07:22:17 PST
The auction states how shipping will be handled "The drives will be very
well packed and sent via USPS priority mail. There is no charge for packing
or handling, only for shipping." plus "If you arrange for pickup there is no
discount for lack of packing/handling." lastly "Buyer pays exact USPS
priority mail shipping charges." Buyer did not like the "high price" of USPS
shipping to Canada and asked for alternate shipping "PLEASE No PARCEL, ONLY
LETTER post" which I refuse to do.

marcgetty - Dec-11-06 at 07:27:21 PST
Buyer would not work with me to acquire a PayPal account or alternate
shipping method to conform with the clearly stated auction requirements. I
waited six full days and buyer continued to not work with me. I'm only
filing a dispute to get my $2.00 listing fee back. I've since relisted the
auction. My case is clear. An inexperienced eBayer made a long series of
mistakes and was not willing to work with me on a solution. I've been using
eBay 8 years and 5 months now with 262 positives!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:31:29 PST
TOLD YOU DONT HAVE PAYPAL !

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:32:13 PST
COULD N T PICK IT UP I M FROM CANADA DUH- UH !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:35:25 PST
8 YEARS, SHOME ON YA.  YOU COULD PUT BUYER REQUIREMENTS BY BLOCKING ON
SELLER SET-UP, IT S THE MOST IGNORANT SELLER THAT I EVER SEEN !!! I TOLD YOU
THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE, DON T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN !!! ESTIE DE
CRISSE. JUST REMOVE THIS DISPUTE, I TOLD YOU YOU CAN DO IS MUTUAL AGREEMENT.
IT S BEEN ONE MONTH THAT I M HERE, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SELLER SET-UP
THAN YOU 8 YEARS SUCH AS TOO IGNORANT.

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:37:11 PST
AWWW COME ON, LEAVE ME ALONE CRISSE DE COLISSE ! DO AS MUTUAL AGREEMENT YOU
CAN GET FOR GRANTED YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES. YOU JUST KNOW VERY WELL WHAT I
JUST MEANT, YOU RE SORRY FOR NOT ANSWERING MY EMAIL, WELL THAT IS YOUR
F.MISTAKE.

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:38:45 PST
YEAH LETTER POST DOE MEAN I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ITEM WEIGHTS. BUYER AS ME
IS TOO ADVANCED THAN YOU, I KNOW EVERYTHING. YOU DRIVE WEIGHTS LESS THAN 2.7
POUNDS, LETTER POST IS MEANING LESS THAN 4 POUNDS IS ALLOWED TO SHIP IN
SMALL PACKAGES

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:40:07 PST
DISPUTE, YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT MUTUAL AGREEMENT IS MEANING YOU CAN GET LISTING
FEES BACK ALSO, COME ON 8 YEARS COME ON !!! I TOLD YOU TO DO IS UNPAID ITEM
MUTUAL AGREEMENT !!! INSTEAD OF DISPUTE !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:40:50 PST
I TOLD YOU THAT WAS MY MISTAKE FOR 3 MINUTES LEFTS , YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT
UNDERSTAND MY F.ENGLISH !!!

darodavian -  Dec-11-06 at 07:40:50 PST
YOU JUST DO HAVE IS BLOCK BUYER BY SELLER SET-UP

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:41:49 PST
8 YEARS, SHAME ON YOU, YOU DID NOT PUT SET UP IS MEANING YOU RE ABUSIVE, YOU
LOVE TO DESTRUCT ACCOUNTS. NEW ACCOUNTS.

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:42:19 PST
WELL I DONT BELIEVE YOU AT ALL. I CONSIDER YOU AS ABUSIVE SELLER AND
NON-PERFOMANCE SELLER !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:42:56 PST
I TOLD YOU I CANNOT HAVE PAYPAL VERIFIED. NOR HAVING IT ALSO !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:43:57 PST
THAT WAS I ASKED YOU FOR THE FIRSIT EMAIL ABOUT PAYMENT METHOD, DON T ASK ME
WHY,  MY QUESTIONS, YOU HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO
QUESTIONS WHILE ITEMS  SOON ENDS !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:44:25 PST
YOU COULD STICK YOUR BUTT ON YOUR COMPUTER ALL THE TIME, UNDERSTOOD !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:48:50 PST
OH I DID EMAILED YOU FOR NOTHING, I TOLD YOU THREE OR FOUR TIMES  DO YOUR
UNPAID ITEM MUTUAL AGREEMENT THEN YOU LL GET THE FREE LISTING, DONT BE AN
ANALRETENTIVE TO ME, YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR, CONSIDER IT AS A
FINAL CONVERSATION, I DONT HAVE TIME FOR AN ABUSIVE SELLER AS YOU. JUST MOVE
YOUR BUTT TO GET MUTUAL AGREEMENT INSTEAD !!!

darodavian - Dec-11-06 at 07:50:01 PST
I ADMITTED I DID A MISTAKE ! HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS AN ADMITTED MISTAKE, I
ADMITTED THE FIRST THING THAT WAS MY MISTAKE, HE CONTINUES TO HARRASS ME AS
HELL

darodavian -  Dec-11-06 at 07:53:54 PST
ALORS DECRISSE !

-----

After 16 crazy comments from the deabeat buyer I'm at a loss and I don't
know how to respond. A wise man once told me "never argue with an idiot,
people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

User has sent all messages from 24.203.69.245 /
modemcable245.69-203-24.mc.videotron.ca.

Help?

-Marc