front cross member bar - ripoff?

I remember the front cross member bar that was made either by a lister or
someone on vortex (or both?) that was used to give support to stop cracking.
Well, I came across this today:
http://store.blackforestindustries.com/mkicrrebar.html which looks a hell of
a lot like the bar that was being sold before. I don't remember who exactly
designed that bar, but if they didn't authorize its design then I'm sure
they'd like to know about this. Hopefully this is all me just being out of
the loop about what happened with that bar's design, but I figured better
safe than sorry.
Nate