What would be the pro's to carburation on an 8V?

Dan,

  The problem I see with the ITB setups is that they are "tuned" for higher rpm's than our engines can handle.  It seems that the GRM car is just getting started as it approaches 8k.  So taking all the same bits and using longer runner lengths seems to make sense to me.  As you said, you could end up making the same low end as the stock plenum setup and still get the advantages of ITB's as the rpm's climb.  In other words, I think I agree with everything you said, except the part where you said it would make no sense to do it.

I've been toying with the idea of putting the ITB's where the stock plenum is, behind the engine, and plumbing them to a cut upper intake manifold.  Hopefully you could even get a decent MAP signal out of that as well, assuming the problem on the GRM car's MAP signal is caused by the very short runners (in conjunction with the cams, etc.). Thoughts anyone?