Anyone want something powdercoated?

--- Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:

> > Remove the bearings.  The temps are in the 350-400
> range and
> > the grease in the bearings will run / screw up the
> finish.
>
> Ron is talking about tranny bearings, which are not
> greased, as they are lubed by the transaxle fluid.

Ahhh, gotcha.  I've not torn into a tranny so....

  He
> wants to be able to have
> the preload shims installed behind the bearings because
> it's a trial and error process requiring repeated removal
> of the bearing
> races for shim adjustment, which would likely screw up
> the finish.

I highly doubt it - the finish is tough as nails and I've
found very little that will touch it.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172