Anyone want something powdercoated?

> Remove the bearings.  The temps are in the 350-400 range and
> the grease in the bearings will run / screw up the finish.

Ron is talking about tranny bearings, which are not greased, as they are lubed by the transaxle fluid.  He wants to be able to have
the preload shims installed behind the bearings because it's a trial and error process requiring repeated removal of the bearing
races for shim adjustment, which would likely screw up the finish.  Also note - it is the outer race only (think rear wheel bearing)
that would be installed.  It is likely that the masking tape would hold the race in, so long as the housings were placed in the oven
such that the races were vertically oriented.  Also note that the shimmed races in question are on the inner (uncoated) portion of
the housings.

(speaking from my own limited experience and observation of the master at work)
Al