Update on car starting

(trimmmed, replies within)
On 8:40 am 12/03/06 "Lexan Blanchard" <lexan_122874@hotmail.com> wrote:
Lined everything up, and the car
> is closer to starting (making more normal starting noises than
> before).

Good, good!!!

 The noise to me is
> very similar to the sound of the antenna motor on my '98 Montero
> Sport (antenna going up or down).  Is this the sound of a fuel pump?

Yep, that would be it, and it's a good sign if you hear it humming, so long
as it's not a angry growl!

> Don't know how much work I will do on the car today.  It's cold
> outside (like 50*), and here is the south that means it's time for
> hibernation (or working on Christmas cards).

LOL!!!! Let me be the first to bully you...WIMP!! (Yeah, I stayed inside
yesterday too, despite my best intentions!) 50!!! That's prime wrenching
weather for me!

> Thanks for the help!
> Lexan

Not a problem (what help was that again?) You can't have nearly enough fun
in a Rocco that won't start! GL with the rest of the diagnostics, and
thanks for the report!
Cathy