Update on car starting

OK.  Yesterday's weather was pretty good (sunny and 60-ish), so I decided to
give it another go on starting the car.  Charged the battery (again), and
tried to start.  No go (guess the car fairy doesn't exist).  Went with one
suggestion of checking the timing.  Took several hours (my 11 year old son
is not a well-trained car minion yet), but found it was off.  Lined
everything up, and the car is closer to starting (making more normal
starting noises than before).

Guess next is checking the cold injector, and probably the fuel pump.  I
have been assuming the fuel is the noise I hear, but can someone verify this
for me?  The noise I hear, is after I have turned the key to start and
dropped it back to on (and off).  The noise to me is very similar to the
sound of the antenna motor on my '98 Montero Sport (antenna going up or
down).  Is this the sound of a fuel pump?

Don't know how much work I will do on the car today.  It's cold outside
(like 50*), and here is the south that means it's time for hibernation (or
working on Christmas cards).

Thanks for the help!
Lexan

age, and price. Try it!