The beauty of anti-rattle clips...

Yesterday I had plans to wrench on no less than five different cars. And to
watch a sixth get wrenched on by someone else. So we all know that the Ford
is now mobile again, and I did yet another linkage adjustment on the 16V,
it had been the subject of much tweaking on the weekend, and got "shortened
up" another notch. Still haven't driven it. Klausie got some preliminary
"why the blower fan doesn't work" diagnostics done, the fan works, the
switch works, and it isn't the motor ground, so not sure where that puts
me, behind the fusebox I'm guessing. What else am I gonna do today in the
rain eh?
But the big accomplishment of the day was the Cabby. It had been driving me
stark raving mad on the road, rattle, rattle, rattle. It sounded like a bad
strut bearing/loose strut, but they were fine, noisy on "full unload" of
strut travel, and you have to live on my road to fully appreciate the
shakedown my cars get on a regular basis. Adding those springs to the
caliper/pad assembly and voila! (not walla), no noise, I was worried they
were too snug to let the pads slide, but so far so good.
Sean came out and got his beastie (Mars red 85) mobile again, it had
actually fused the axle to the hub after deleting the hub nut at the track.
He got more done in a few hours than I did all day, but overall, a lot of
successful fixing was happening around here. And am I ever liking the quiet
Cabby. Not a peep from the wheelwells. My Wolfie got neglected again, we'll
see if it gets some time today if it stops raining. Not like it's going
anywhere anyway.
Cathy