  From: Armand Engelbrecht
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:01 PM
  Subject: I guess we've been demoted....

  http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_1825.shtml

  I wish VW would get their designers heads out of their asses. This "Iroc" is
  in my humble opinion a disgrace to have the scirocco name even associated
  with it. Not only is the design gaudy at best, but the word iroc in the car
  community has a completely different meaning to me. If VW is going to
  resurrect the names of the cars from it's past that made them famous, please
  don't pull a late 70s early 80s chrysler and give away all your muscle car
  names to mitsubishi junk. I know that we are a hardcore group and there have
  been mixed opinions about the scirocco coming back, but if this is what VW
  is putting out on the table as a "glimpse of the upcoming scirocco" then
  they can count me out and call up Vin Diesel and Paul Walker to get Jesse to
  sticker tune that thing for The Fast and Furious 12. It appauls me even more
  when they "pay homage to the original color of the mark 1 scirocco" with
  that green. I know most of you are probably sick of reading my soapbox rant
  so with that I will shut up. I just needed to vent.

  Armand