I guess we've been demoted....

On 8/24/06, Armand Engelbrecht <macboy@sgi.net> wrote:
> http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_1825.shtml
>
> I wish VW would get their designers heads out of their asses. This "Iroc" is
> in my humble opinion a disgrace to have the scirocco name even associated
> with it. Not only is the design gaudy at best, but the word iroc in the car
> community has a completely different meaning to me. If VW is going to
> resurrect the names of the cars from it's past that made them famous, please
> don't pull a late 70s early 80s chrysler and give away all your muscle car
> names to mitsubishi junk. I know that we are a hardcore group and there have
> been mixed opinions about the scirocco coming back, but if this is what VW
> is putting out on the table as a "glimpse of the upcoming scirocco" then
> they can count me out and call up Vin Diesel and Paul Walker to get Jesse to
> sticker tune that thing for The Fast and Furious 12. It appauls me even more
> when they "pay homage to the original color of the mark 1 scirocco" with
> that green. I know most of you are probably sick of reading my soapbox rant
> so with that I will shut up. I just needed to vent.

As those photos are of a concept vehicle (which are usually more
"radical" than the production version), I think the actual production
version of this car will be pretty cool.  Lose those gaudy bling-bling
wheels, and the futuristic interior, and I think VW has a winner on
it's hands with that car.  Better looking than most of the other
"glimpses" I've seen of the upcoming Scirocco...

My $.02...

Later,

Mark.
75