Fixing things I've done wrong - Battery relocation

On 8/24/06, Koabi Brooks <koabi@seeohdee.com> wrote:
> So I've added a distribution block after running 3 lugs with electrical tape
> for 3 years after I relocated the battery to the trunk.
> So what should I use to protect this cable?  It is running in the interior
> of the car, but that doesn't make it safe, since the body is metal.  And I
> am definitely playing with fire (so to speak) where it goes through the
> firewall.

My advice?  Reclaim your trunk space by deleting your 40lb battery,
get rid of the heavy 0 gauge wire running to the back, and get
yourself an 11.5lb. Braille battery mounted in the stock location.  I
have been running one for a couple years now with absolutely zero
complaints...  Although relocating a battery to the trunk shifts the
weight of it to the rear of the car, you're adding several pounds of
wire to make it happen, and have to deal with your fire/short hazard
dilemma...

If you don't feel like doing that, how about adding some abrasion
resistant heat-shrink tubing where needed?  Something like this:

<http://www.raychem.com/US/datasheets/1654025_Sec_3/3-065_3-066_DR-25.pdf>

My $.02...

Later,

Mark.