Fuse Boxes are they all created equal?

Spewey wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>> Double check when using the Bentley for fuse diagrams (among others).
>> It (R/S/J '80- '84 ver.) has a diagram for my '84 which differs from
>> the diagram in the Owner's Manual.  The Owner's Manual is correct. You
>> might want to take a photo of the box and send it to any potential
>> donors (or post it somewhere) to confirm the configuration.
>
> He already said ceramic fuses.
There is only one configuration for boxes with ceramic fuses? I was not
aware of that. If that's the case, then there is no need to confirm
compatibility. My suggestion was based on my experience. Since the fuse
assignments (location) for my car are different than the assignments
shown in the Bentley for my car I could be in a pickle if I followed the
Bentley.

You might want to convey your information to Jim Ruffi. He offered Tony
a fuse box for free, subject to confirming its compatibility. Since that
is not an issue I guess he needn't bother.
The owner's manual only shows a map of
> the fuses.
That's not relevant to identifying parts?

The wiring in an 82 MkII was old skool, like a MkI.  You
> might want to just,

just what?

Chris
oh, never mind.  Waste of time.