Shocky [was: Re: So, if you're not at Brian's, what are you up to?]

Kirsten Jensen wrote:
> Gosh, I dunno - Hey, Dan!  Do you remember all the stuff I taught you
> about design, fabrication, welding, etc.?

Kirsten,

I'm sure Dan was a good student. So good, in fact, I'll bet he could do
that stuff ALL BY HIMSELF now.

> Sorry, I guess I thought the thread on Vortex and the emails on here
> were about Shocky being back on the road after getting painted...

Not taking anything away from the paint. It's fabulous. It's just great
to see it ALL come together. Like many others I followed the progress on
the car. We came to watch the engine swap but also got to watch as just
about every system on the car was redone. Brakes, suspension, steering,
wiring, etc., etc., etc.  It was a very ambitious project.  There was so
much fabrication involved.  (Lots of projects die on the vine when they
run into impediments like those encountered with Shocky.)  It's nice to
see that you persevered to see it through.  (I'm sure it will always be
a work in progress - there is always something that can be changed.)
The paint + the engine = Beauty and the Beast.  It really should be an
inspiration for all those with either "pending" or half done projects to
get them done.

Chris

PS It was nice that you took the time to document the project so well.
Nice teaching tool.