PA Scirocco rescue ASAP!!!!!

Yeah it was $200 when I first look at it as well and I was thinking about
it. But I really don't need another piece of metal making my yard look more
like a scrap yard .

<<I'm with Chris on the seller acting funny. It may be a solid car and only
50
miles from me (35 from Peter in DE) but there is just something not right
about this auction. Perhaps he/his wife/friend/whatever is the notary who is
transferring the plates and wants to charge a $70 fee? There is nothing
illegal in just having him sign the title and handing it over to you.>>

I am guess that the title isn't in his name to began with and the title was
signed over to him by the PO.
In which case if he never Registered the car the only way for you the new
owner to be able to register would be to have it retitle in his name and
then go ahead and transfer the title over.  This must take place at an DMV
and is a 2 week process.

This is what happened to me when I sold my 2 door Jetta coupe.  I was the
second owner to have the car without being register in between. I need to
have it retitle to me before I could sell the car.

I am not saying this is the case with this car, all I am saying is that
could be why.
-Brian

85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI