Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed +(ATTN: Ron P.

> Just like the Shine bar, the Ron and Ben bar
> reduces the tendancy of the rear axle to twist.  I can't say
> for certain, but Ron and I were thinking that our bar is, in
> theory, doing practically the same thing as the Shine bar.

I realize a flat section (even 'c') may not be as tortionally rigid as the shine bar, something must be considered - that bar is 1"
diameter, where the 'c' channel was 2.5" wide.  I'm half tempted to say that the 'cheapass' solution may be closer in practice than
we might be inclined to guess.  Another point is that I'm not impressed at all with the way the shine bar mounts.  The ends of the
bar are ground down to a 1/2" square shape that fits diagonally into a pair of blocks, which are in turn clamped together by the two
bolts going through either end of the axle beam.  This type of mount can potentially allow for much greater play when compared to a
piece that attaches directly to the axle beam.  That 1/2" end had to be placing enormous leverage within those blocks.

Al