Okay, try again...or never mind!

On 11:29 am 08/04/06 "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Yeah, well, I figured I may as well try more forceful careful
> leverage with the screwdriver, and the rotor came off, needed
> leverage the whole way off though. But the shaft below is rusty
> (eeek). SO....is it safe to use a fine grit sandpaper to clean it up?
> And then some dielectric grease maybe? I just can't believe my eyes,
> the nerve of that oxidation in such a tender spot on my car. (I must
> have overlooked the cap/rotor when I did plugs this spring). Might
> explain a certain lack of performance, or I'm hoping so. I await the
> debate on how to deal with/prevent the rust...I'll be a while getting
> the parts anyway, the nearest dealer is an hour distant. Cathy
> spoiled 8v, seemingly neglected 16V

Okay, you know what? Just never mind this whole thing, 'k? Must be the
heat, I'm really having some serious blonde moments this week, I tell you.
That part's just a shaft, nothing more or less, so a light sanding and some
sort of lube it gets. The rotor contact pitting on the other hand is of
concern, so I'll proceed with new parts and be over with it.
Cathy