Okay, try again...or never mind!

> Okay, you know what? Just never mind this whole thing, 'k?
> Must be the heat, I'm really having some serious blonde
> moments this week, I tell you.

Be sure to use lube that is as NON-CONDUCTIVE as possible.  I recall you mentioned dielectric grease (bad nono).  The rotor body
does its best to INSULATE the spark from the  distributor shaft (which is grounded to the head).  I have had rotors break down due
to grease attacking the plastic over time, which results in no spark at the cylinders, but if the distributor is removed and the
shaft turned by hand, you get good spark at the cylinders... Well... Until you get puzzled enough to rest your other hand on the
shock tower while turning the distributor again, thus completing the path to ground across the ol' ticker.  I've got a nice scar on
my head from lurching upward, right into the safety catch of the hood.

I'd recommend silicone lube, it should be fairly inert as far as the plastic rotor is concerned.

HTH
Al