Okay, try again...

Yeah, well, I figured I may as well try more forceful careful leverage with
the screwdriver, and the rotor came off, needed leverage the whole way off
though. But the shaft below is rusty (eeek). SO....is it safe to use a fine
grit sandpaper to clean it up? And then some dielectric grease maybe? I
just can't believe my eyes, the nerve of that oxidation in such a tender
spot on my car. (I must have overlooked the cap/rotor when I did plugs this
spring). Might explain a certain lack of performance, or I'm hoping so.
I await the debate on how to deal with/prevent the rust...I'll be a while
getting the parts anyway, the nearest dealer is an hour distant.
Cathy
spoiled 8v, seemingly neglected 16V