Upper Strut Tie bar Question

3A block so deck height is the same.  I was told by the person who gave me
the bar that it was for a rabbit which should be the same as a Scirocco
since both A1, although the rabbits strut towers are lower in the engine
compartment from the top of the fenders than a Scirocco.  Tried to put it on
my friends bunny and it was the same story.  I got it from Ty, the guy with
the grey Corrado race car at WW, when I bought my G60 from him.  He threw it
in for free so I took it.  I am guessing it is for a MK2 and will try it on
my buddy's GTI if I ever make it back home again.  I can get 2 holes to line
up on one strut bearing but they are no where close on the other side.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4