Upper Strut Tie bar Question

Gordy Stedman wrote:
> I just got a used Neuspeed bar like on Lance's car: <
> http://meistergaugefaces.com/WW06/pages/WW06_025.htm>
> I tried to put it on my MK1 but the holes would not line up so it
> obviously
> is not an A1 bar.  So I tried to put my old one on, do not know the
> brand, and it ended up hitting the new hood I replaced for the paint job
> since the old one was bent and had holes drilled in it for hood pins.  I
> noticed the old hood had been cut and chopped where the bar went.  So
> what
> upper strut tie bar do you all have that clears the intake manifold
> and does
> not hit the hood.  TIA.

Autotech upper bar is by far the best I have used...

http://www.autotech.com/prod_susp_stress.htm#front

Go halfway down (I hope the link works).  The bar puts more even
pressure all the way around the strut mount.  That, and since it is
aluminum, it is more rigid.

I just got the rear bar and also the hollow sway bars.  I hope to have
them installed in the next month.

David