Vortex too?

I agree with Jim on this 100%

  El Tony

Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
  FWIW, a 2nd year virgin's .02:

It would be great to have some of the great vortexers come out...I'm happy
to see michael bee making it and I mentioned it to ginster (offline). These
are great folks who are already a part of the community, but are/were not
listers. There are many others.

Generally speaking, the Scirocco component of the 'tex is a smaller,
friendlier group than most and while there are some jokers, there's a good
vibe all around. Pardon the generalization, but I'd be more concerned about
the younger folks, who would be more likely to do a burnout in a hotel
parking lot to impress their friends....this stuff usually only happens when
there are friends to impress and people tend to shift their behavior to that
of the majority.

But the youngest texers are not as likely to (a) have the funds and (b) be
as interested in an event such as this.

I invited 2 people from the 'tex and did it one-on-one. I think a bigger
turnout would be cool, but maybe make it more of a referral thing than an
open invite?

Jim