From: "Dan Bubb" <dan.bubb@gmail.com>
To: "Scirocco list" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: Why is the hatch so heavy? (spinoff from fabsvr6
fiberglassstuff) (again?)

The weight of the hatch is mostly glass, at least for the MK II.
I removed the glass from my hatch when I painted the car. I didn't
weigh it but the bare metal part of the hatch was surprisingly light.
With the glass out the struts raised the hatch so fast it about took
my head off ;^).
I think this is one area where a fiberglass replacement is a waste of
time and money.
Dan