I hate cars!

--- David Brown <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Ok so I get my Jetta finally running last week.
<snip>
> I'm on my way home from work and bang!!! The jetta
> starts running like shit!  Acts like it's missing
> real bad and when I stop at lights it kinda sounds
> like a modified race car with a bad lope at
> idle....a pulsing kinda idle just barely keeping
> running.  I'm thinking it's some type electrical...
> O2 sensor or something.  I was getting white smoke
> as I backed into the garage and it smelled of
> flooding.

OK, wait right there. Is is smelling of unburnt GAS?
Or is it smelling a sticky sweet glycol type sugary
stuff, as in coolant mixture?

The reason I ask is you describe common symptoms of a
head gasket going south and letting coolant into the
combustion chambers.

> I hate cars! Just when you start to enjoy driving
> one they get the "Feed me and pamper me some more
> attitude".
>
> Oh well at least I'm off tomorrow and I can work on
> it some.  It's not getting the new lighting harness
> though.... Teach it to act up on me... 8-)
>
> David

Pull your plugs in turn and report back with what they
look like. Also look in the (cool) coolant and see if
it has A. a sludgy foam type oil scum floating on top
and/or B. has been disappeared with no apparent
reason.

TBerk