Sad Day

The wife and I had it out again about the cars...  I spoke to someone
who has dealt with a similar situation with HER husband and she told
me that maybe three scirocco's were too much.  So I have conceeded and
if I was to pick the one to go I would have to say the 85.

Nobody is really hitting on any of the others for the price... so here
is the offer to the list first before it goes to ebay/vortex.

$1800.

The 16v engine has 120k 'ish, and about 30k on the tranny since the
rebuild.  The chassis has 200k on it.  It is an 85 that has been
converted to a 16v.  Basically the entire front end was swapped.  It
does not have AC any longer and the pulleys have been modified for the
delete.  It now has PS and 16v brakes on the front.  It has an upper
and lower stress bar (s)  and I have almost everything to complete the
restoration on the interior.

I just redid the shocks and struts with Tokico's/H+R sports.  It has a
short shifter on it, and I am willing to leave the electronics in it
(with the exception of the empeg) Electronics include the Kenwood head
unit and two aux inputs for an Ipod and/or other audio device, 6x9's
in the rear, and a Kicker Substation.

It has 16v door cards, a 16v dash relatively crack free (small crack
in the oval vent), a 160mph speedo, new black carpet ready to be
installed.  It's sitting on new 205/50's R15's I believe on ghetto
fabulous black painted rims... hey... if you don't want them, bring
your own rims.  They work.

The engine runs VERY well and pulls VERY strong for a stock 16v.

I would have no hesitation driving this cross country.

The exhaust will need a little help, but it will get you there.

I will let it go for less than that but I am going to pull most of the
goodies to throw in the 87...  Like the shocks/struts, short shifter
and speedo.

Worst case I will gut it.  Either way it's going in a month or less.
I really hate to do that to the car.  It's like loosing my best
friend.  Gutting it would be like well... not to be gruesome but I
find it equally distasteful.  I would rather see it go in one piece.

Chris

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy