Source for electrical connectors?

I think it depends upon the situation.  There's no doubt that soldering, if
done properly, will increase the physical strength and electrical bond of
the connection, but may be detrimental because (a) flexibility in the
automotive environment is critical and (b) the introduction of heat is
likely to create changes which facilitate the onset of corrosion.

I choose crimping about 90% of the time, using T&B, AMP, or Packard
crimpers.

This is something I'd love to talk about at Cincy. Although my level of
knowledge is probably a 3.5 on a 1 to 10 scale, I still think I might be
able to offer something to newbies who want better wiring.

Jim