UK Stuff for Cincy, Bumpers etc

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:
> > Yea I know. The one I have cracked is a Euro.  I
> haven't crawled
> > under it to look, but I'm assuming that the plastic
> cover can be
> > replaced without the whole bumper?

In that case, yes, by all means.  :p

and a sunroof
> that won't crank
> > open!!! (cussing on this one) I took it for a ride this
> weekend.
> >
> > Any experience with getting one open so I can see what
> the problem
> > is?  I can get it to raise, but not roll back.

The Bentley has a decent procedure for repair,
> but there's an
> Audi one that is better. It may be that the side little
> flippy up rails are
> broken, they seem failure prone.

"Side flippy up rails" - yeah, that's it.  :p

In all seriousness, Cathy's most likely correct - the guide
rails the mechanism's pin slides in have a weak spot where
they always seem to break.  One or both of yours are
probably broken.  I don't remember how much they cost,
seems to me around around $20-25 per side from Potterman,
and they're not too difficult to replace.

For future prevention of the issue, lubricate the sunroof
cables with silicon spray lube - do not use oil / grease as
it will attract more dirt.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172