UK Stuff for Cincy, Bumpers etc

On 12:20:56 pm 04/17/06 "David Brown" <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:
> Yea I know. The one I have cracked is a Euro.  I haven't crawled
> under it to look, but I'm assuming that the plastic cover can be
> replaced without the whole bumper?
>
> It's on a car I purchased a month ago and over paid for. 8-)
> Got several little things that need to be fixed including the bumper
> cover, euro H4 lens that are cracked, and a sunroof that won't crank
> open!!! (cussing on this one) I took it for a ride this weekend.
>
> Any experience with getting one open so I can see what the problem
> is?  I can get it to raise, but not roll back.
>
> Thanks
> David

As for the sunroof, you need VW special tool #XXX YYY ZZZ, also known as a
coat hanger with a hook bent in the end of it. You insert it into the
tipped up sunroof opening, and hook the little spring that holds the inner
sunroof headliner in place, then you can slide that piece back and see the
mechanism. The Bentley has a decent procedure for repair, but there's an
Audi one that is better. It may be that the side little flippy up rails are
broken, they seem failure prone.
Cathy